I remember in high school I BEGGED my mother to buy me this black t-shirt with the word "JUICY" written across it in velvet letters. I also remember when a velour track suit was a must have in every girls closet. As I got older, my first big girl purchase was a Juicy Couture charm bracelet that I later filled up with charms that represented me. To say that I feel like I grew up with the Juicy Couture brand would be an understatement. So when I heard that the owners, Pamela & Gela had released a book, I knew I had to get myself a copy.
"The Glitter Plan" is where the owners of Juicy Couture share their journey into entrepreneurship and how they turned $200 into a global brand! And ya'll, the information they share in this book is absolutely AMAZING! They tell all on how they got started, how they searched for manufacturers and hired their team all the way to selling their company and making MILLIONS! This book definitely motivated me to dream BIG & gave a ton of great advice. Here are a few of my favorites below.
1. "There is no security in corporate life anymore, so you might as well do what makes you happy."
2. "If you're not making money, it's not a real business; it's a hobby. If it's a business, you're profitable."
3. "To be an entrepreneur, you have to be able to improvise and to make decisions fast. Do what moves you. And as you get bigger, you will learn that you can hire what you don't know."
4. "One of our favorite mottos has always been this: The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me."
5. "You have to believe in yourself first or no one else will."
6. "When you are starting a business, you need to build a team around you. Without those people, you're in a vacuum. You could have the most amazing line in your living room, but if you don't find the right person to sell it, it's not going to happen."
7. "If you have people selling your product who are dying for it, you're going to succeed."
8. "As a designer and an entrepreneur, you always have to keep your eyes and ears open."
9. "That's what you want to do when you're branding something - create some extra detail to set your product apart."
10. "The world is small - if your product is good, people will want to know where they an buy it."
11. "People think a successful business happens in a moment, an instant. But, no, it's a whole convergence of things, a snowball effect."
If you are searching for a new read this month, I definitely suggest picking up "The Glitter Plan"!