This July will mark 2 years blogging in this little space of mine. While these past few years have been filled with a ton of amazing learning experiences I only have one regret and that's not taking blogging seriously from the start. T.A.N started out as just a place where I shared my journey as a business owner and my frustrations. Because those were some of my deepest emotions and thoughts I was afraid to let too many people know about my personal space. And I hesitated to even think it could be bigger than what it was at the time.
I missed out on opportunities, creating a community and the possibility of inspiring or being inspired by other women who were going through some of the same things I was. All because I kept my big trap shut. When I finally decided to ditch my fear and see where this blog could go, I felt like I had to play catch up and work 1000 times harder to be taken seriously.
One thing that I try to tell my clients is that even if you only blog for fun, you should really do all you can to put yourself out there. You never know what your blog could lead you to (hello awesome career!) or who you may inspire.
And if you're are wondering how to let the world know how amazing your blog is, here are a few tips on how to market and promote your space!
- Participate in link-ups or create your own.
- Guest post and show off your expertise on other blogs.
- Purchase ads on other blogs.
- Attend networking events and pass out business cards.
- Be very clear of who your target audience is.
- Get EXTREMELY active on social media.
- Comment and share other bloggers posts.
- Introduce yourself to PR agencies in your area.
- Be genuine and honest with your writing.
- Build an email list and send out newsletters.
- Participate in Twitter chats in your niche
All marketing really is is coming up with different ways to tell people what you do over and over again! If you're just starting out or still playing it safe with your blog, I encourage you to go for it! Let your voice be heard and don't be afraid to put yourself out there!