Getting Your Business & Blog Through The Summer Slump
If you haven't experienced it by now then you probably will pretty soon. It seems like the online world sort of slows down as we get deeper into the summer months. Blogs tend to receive lower pageviews and online businesses see a drop in sales. This time last year I was panicking because I had no clue what was going on and I thought it was just me. And they were the longest months of my LIFE!
Trust me, its normal!
And it doesn't have to suck! Here is what you can do to get through the summer slump.
- Use the time to plan for the upcoming months. The holidays are right around the corner and it's the busiest time of the year. You can get ahead of the game by making sure you are fully stocked and by planning your holiday posts.
- Connect with past clients. You can use this time to check in with old clients to see how they are doing. You never know if they may need your services again or may have someone to refer you to. You can also send out a survey to see what they think about your business so far.
- Go back and update old blog posts. Have any older blog posts that may need a new graphic and some Pinterest love? Go back and give them a little update.
- Test out new products. Now is the time to create and decide what stays and what will go.
- Plot on a new project. You know those ideas you have swimming through your mind? How about actually putting some action behind them while its slow.
- Network. There are a ton of events happening this summer! Now is the best time to go where your target audience is and get to know them.
- Re-brand. Now that there are less eyes on your site, you could take this time to do a re-brand or a brand re-fresher.
- Learn something new. You should always be open to learning but this is the perfect time to catch up on a few e-books and online courses.
- Collaborate with someone. Two brains are always better than one, think of some ideas on how you and another creative can bring in more traffic to both of your sites.
How do you get through the summer slump?
Now I wan't to introduce you to the amazing Andrea of Muffin's Little Boys! Get to know more below!
What inspired you to start a blog?
My son was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EE) back in 2011. At the time it was an emerging disease with very little information available. So I decided to start blogging to document and share with others the obstacles, challenges, and most importantly the great times I have with my son.
What is your favorite post that you've written so far?
Hmmm...this one is tough but I would narrow it down to 10 things that I care about now; this post is about getting older and shifting my priorities, interests and hobbies. So much has changed in the past few year and I can honestly say that I enjoy where I am at today.
QUICK! You only have 20 minutes to catch your flight and only have time to grab one thing, what do you take?
Yikes!!! I would have to say my purse! On most days it has everything I need and more. I carry makeup (mostly lip gloss), wipes, snacks, and a bunch of other things to make life easier!
If you could take over anyone's blog for a day, who's would it be?
I read so many blogs but I would love to take over Kate from The Small Things blog. Not sure how I stumbled across her blog but that was one of the first blogs I started following.