During the day our minds become so cluttered with our to-do list and the million things we often have going on, that a lot of times we end up taking that tension home with us. Or in my case, to bed. For me, I personally sleep so much better when my mind has been cleared of all of the daily drama. Constantly thinking about the next days to-do list or worrying about getting things done for the shop or this site always leads to insomnia and then to a cranky Alisha the next morning. Here are a few things that I've learned to do to clear my head and end my day with good vibes.
1. Set a time to get off of social media. We all know how addictive twitter, Facebook and Pinterest can be. As much as it doesn't seem stressful, trying to constantly keep up with what is going on in the world keeps your mind going when it should be resting.
2. Light exercise. I prefer yoga but anything that can help you release the tension from the day and help clear your mind is perfect before bed.
3. Read something, preferably something positive. Honestly nothing is more relaxing than a bubble bath while diving into your favorite book. I'm currently finishing up "Instinct" by TD Jakes.
4. Write in a gratitude journal. This is something I enjoy doing especially when I have had a rough day. Write down a few things you are grateful for even if its just being thankful that you woke that morning.
5. Pray or Meditate. Sit somewhere quiet and pray or reflect back on your day or on anything that you would like manifested in your life. This is also a good time to pull out those affirmations. I always seem to sleep a whole lot better when I dedicate some time with God.
What do you do to end your day on a positive note?
PS. I'm getting a little personal on the Early August blog today and sharing my inspiration and goals behind the brand. You can check it out HERE